About the Job:
We have a custom C++ engine and asset pipeline with a codebase that continues to evolve on multiple platforms including Microsoft (Xbox), Sony (PlayStation), Valve (Steam) and Nintendo (Switch).
You'd be working on developing a networking architecture to support action-oriented multiplayer games and online services supporting things like leaderboards and matchmaking. We have a small-team atmosphere and an informal work environment. Communication with artists and designers is very important. You'd be collaborating with everyone to make our games the best they can be. Yay, teamwork!
- You are a gamer who has played our games before and understand where we are coming from.
- You love programming games and solving problems - you've probably designed and made your own games.
- You have experience with networking systems in online games and understand the engineering tradeoffs associated with different types of implementations (e.g. peer to peer vs. client/server, deterministic lockstep vs. state synchronization, TCP vs. UDP).
- You're comfortable working with low-level C++ code but always think about the big picture of how everything fits together.
- You are highly motivated and like to take the initiative to get things done. You like experimenting with new things.
- You have a great eye for detail and a high standard of quality. You work hard to make things feel right and inspire others to do the same.
- You have at least three years of programming games in C++ and have shipped at least two games for Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, Switch or other consoles.
Resume and Cover Letter to